Founded in 1868, the Town of Wilson's Mills was named for a family and its manufacturing enterprise, a millwork operation of large proportions, launched by John Marshall Wilson. Wilson came to Wilson's Mills from Warrenton following the railroad, which was a necissity for shipping his goods. The operation included a grist mill, a cotton gin, a lumber mill and a framing factory, whose ornamental framework is still a focal point of many homes throughout Eastern North Carolina.
Wilson’s Mills has the distinction of being chartered twice. Being chartered in 1927, Wilson’s Mills was an inactive municipality and surrendered its charter by an act of the 1971 Legislature and rechartered in 1995.
For Town of Wilson’s Mills contact:
Town of Wilson’s Mills
P.O. Box 448
Wilson’s Mills, NC 27593