By the end of the 1860s, the settlement of Pine Level, lying along the east-west railroad between Clayton and Boon Hill, seemed destined for incorporation. Pine Level became a municipality under state charter in 1874, and derived its name from its physical surroundings. William Berry Oliver, who returned from Robeson County to the region of his birth, assured the rise of Pine Level as he chose a site along the railroad for establishment of a postwar business. He traded in turpentine and lumber and built the W.B. Oliver and Son farm supply business known as the second oldest business enterprise in the county.
For Town of Pine Level information contact:
Town of Pine Level
214 N. Peedin Ave.
Pine Level, NC 27568